A Wood Splitter Makes Your Work Easier!
Are you one of those people who burn wood to heat your house? Have you been splitting wood with an axe or maul? If you are one of those people, wouldn’t you like to get the job done with the least amount of work? There is a way that you can get the job done in less time and without a lot of effort. You can get a wood splitter to make the job easier and faster so that you are not standing out in the cold. There are many ways you can get a wood splitter to make your life a little easier when it comes to splitting wood to heat your house.
Splitted firewoods are easier to dry and use
Getting a wood splitter is easier than you think because they are everywhere. If you are looking to buy a brand new wood splitter, you can get financing to purchase one from the dealership. You want to get one that is going to work for you so you might want to put some thought into it. They make wood splitters in many sizes for everyone’s convenience so you don’t have to get the biggest one on the market. Get one that is the right size for you.
You can also get one that is used. These are just as good as a brand new one but costs a lot less. You can also make one yourself if you can find the parts to make one. All you need for that is a hydraulic cylinder, controls, a splitting head, and a frame.
How To Properly Use Your Wood Splitter
Whatever you have been told, so long as you are using a good quality wood splitter, your size and strength are of no great importance; naturally if you are frail or ill you should not be splitting wood to begin with, but beyond that you are good to go; and as many people find using a wood splitter therapeutic and relaxing, as well as useful, it well worth trying it out, even if you hadn’t thought of it up until now.
First, you want to cut logs to be used as firewood into “rounds” of a suitable length. The longer the round is, the more difficult it can be to split – which again brings into focus the importance of a good, high quality wood splitter. If you are new to using a wood splitter, start by cutting the logs into shorter lengths, around 12 inches; as you improve you can cut longer rounds.
A good tip here for those of you new to using a wood splitter – you will not want to attempt splitting any logs that appear to be very knotty; just set them to one side.
You should stand slightly uphill from the logs if you can; this way your weight is kept in a good balance with the logs, and when you bring your wood splitter down the blow will be significantly more powerful.
You should also line up your swings with any pre existing cracks in the logs, if you can see any; this is another good way of using your wood splitter effectively while exerting yourself less than you would otherwise.
Wood splitters are industrial machines that enhance considerably the productivity of wood cutting and splitting requiring less manual effort. The advantages and benefits these splitters share are outstanding and the speed rate of working will increase amazingly. When using a wood or log splitter do not forget about safety measurements that are very important. Respecting them can keep out of putting in danger own life. Here are some of the most important rules you shouldn’t forget:
– Read the instructions before using the wood-splitting machine.
– Keep your children or persons who aren’t familiar with the wood-splitter away.
– Wear protective equipment at all times while working. Safety glasses, chain gloves and steel-toe boots are very important items that can keep you from injuries.
– Do not fill the wood-splitter’s fuel tank when the machine is working or is very hot. Always keep a fire extinguisher near in case of emergency.
– Do not work in enclosed areas. Wood-splitter exhaust can put your life in danger, ventilation is very important.
– Do not cut anything except wood, this machine are designed to split wood only, you can damage its structure when using harder materials.
– Always block the wheels of the wood-splitting aggregate, this will prevent machine from moving when used.
– Avoid hazardous environment. Do not work at night, when exhausted, under alcohol or on wet surface.
– Do not implement any kinds of alterations into the machine system and structural design.